A great alternative to store-bought almond milk, yields 20 oz
- 1-cup raw almonds
- 3 1/2 cups filtered water
- (Optional) 1 tsp raw honey and/or 1 tsp vanilla for flavor
- Needed: Glass mason jar for storage
- Soak 1-cup raw almonds in filtered water on the countertop for 12-24 hours.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Add almonds and 3 1/2 cups filtered water to blender. Blend on low for 30 seconds.
- Add optional flavors, if desired.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Use a nut bag to strain the blended mixture over a mixing bowl.
- Transfer milk from bowl in to large mason jar.
- Store in refrigerator for 3 days.
- - Turn oven to low (200 degrees) or turn on oven lights (this will heat the oven to approx. 150 to 200 degrees)
- - Spread a thin layer of almond meal on to a dry cooking sheet, breaking apart all large chunks.
- - Dry almond meal in oven for 2 – 4 hours.
- - Once dry, place in a blender to separate pieces.
- - Store in sealed glass container in refrigerator for future use (baking, adding to smoothies, sprinkle over cereal, etc).