banana nut smoothie
Satisfying and creamy smoothie that is packed with nutrients and super delicious!
- Author: Jen Martinsen at www.nutritionbliss.com
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- 2 cups milk alternative (coconut, almond, oat, or I prefer homemade cashew milk)
- 1 banana (option: add 2 bananas for a sweeter smoothie and thicker consistency)
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Optional: 1 cup spinach
- ice cubes
- Place all contents in the blender, beginning with “milk,” dates, and spinach.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Add ice cubes and/or water and blend until desired temperature and consistency is reached.
detox, kid friendly, smoothies, snack