green goodness smoothie
Delicious and simple recipe that is packed with fiber, is nutrient-dense, and won’t spike your blood sugar. Feel free to play around with the types of greens to find the right combo for you!
- Author: Jen Martinsen at www.nutritionbliss.com
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- 1 1/2 cups milk substitute (almond, cashew, oat, coconut, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups greens (organic spinach, chard, de-veined kale, etc)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup frozen mango
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 heaping tbsp nut butter (almond, peanut)
- 3–4 ice cubes
- If you own a high powered blender, add all ingredients and blend.
- If you own a traditional model blender, begin with the milk alternative and add ingredients one at a time, blend, then add the next.
- If too thick, add filtered water until desired consistency is reached.
beverage, breakfast, detox, smoothies, snack