healthy 7 layer dip
This healthy spin on a traditional party favorite will be enjoyed by everyone!
- ***Please note, the seasonings below will be split into separate layers. Please closely follow the directions.***
- 2 cans black beans (I prefer Eden Organic Black Beans)
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened organic greek yogurt or dairy alternative (I like Forager's Cashewgurt)
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 large hass avocados, pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, cored & diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- In a mixing bowl add beans, 2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp sea salt, and a few shakes ground black pepper. Mix and mash the black beans with a fork. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk yogurt, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, mash avocado, red onion, lime, and 1/8 cup cilantro. Add sea salt to taste.
- Find a glass bowl or container with straight sides.
- First, spread the black bean layer evenly on bottom.
- Next, carefully spread the yogurt layer evenly over the black beans.
- Spread the avocado layer carefully over the yogurt layer.
- Add layer of diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle diced green onions & remaining cilantro.
- Top with sliced black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips, vegetable sticks (such as red peppers, carrots, celery, snap peas, or cauliflower), or pita chips.