mint melon salad
Wonderful and simple summer time salad, with a twist! Mint is an amazing herb that is both delicious and incredibly nutritious.
- 2 cups, watermelon (seeds removed) (~1/2 medium sized watermelon)
- 2 cups, other melon such as cantaloupe or honeydew (~1 melon)
- ~ 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- Option 1: cut melons in half and remove seeds. Use a melon baller to remove small balls of melon for the salad.
- Option 2: Remove rind of watermelon. Cut melon into flat, almost octagon sections (like a 1 inch thick stop sign) and cut melon into even squares.
- Mix melon together in a bowl.
- Add chopped mint and mix until evenly distributed.
- Optional: Garnish with a few whole mint leaves.
- This salad is full of vitamins (specifically A & C), supports detoxification, and the mint help supports digestion. This is a perfect summer time side salad!
By Jen at www.nutritionbliss.com
detox, salad, side dish