A quick and easy breakfast the whole family will love
- 10-12 pasture-raised (or organic) eggs
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or ghee)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins.
- Chop & dice vegetables.
- Sauté onions in oil/ghee until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary & salt/pepper.
- Add chopped spinach for final minutes, then remove from heat once beginning to wilt.
- Spread veggie mixture evenly in each muffin tin.
- Whip 10-12 eggs and 2 tbsp milk or filtered water in mixing bowl with a whisk until mixture is light and has many air bubbles on top.
- Pour egg mixture on top of veggie mix in each lined tin (tin should be about ½ to ¾ full).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with fruit, cilantro, and/or avocado.
- Add any combination of vegetables you like! Examples include diced red or green pepper, green onion, or rainbow chard. You can also add a little cheese to each tin before pouring in egg mixture.
- Make a batch over the weekend for a quick and easy breakfast all week. I reheat the frittatas on the stovetop in a covered pan (for a faster and even reheat) for a few minutes.