Our family favorite! When asked their favorite meal, both of my kids for YEARS would name this soup (I’m not kidding)! Packed with tasty herbs and plant-based protein, you’ll love this recipe.
- Author: jen martinsen at www.nutritionbliss.com
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55
- 1-cup lentils (soaked for 2–4 hours prior)
- 6 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp rosemary (I add extra because I love rosemary)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 8 cups vegetable stock or organic chicken bone broth (I like to use 4 cups of each)
- Sea Salt to taste
- (Optional) Avocado & parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat.
- Add diced onions, stir occasionally until translucent.
- Add celery & carrots, rosemary, & thyme – sauté for 10 min
- Rinse lentils thoroughly
- Add stock, lentils, bay leaf, sea salt to taste (dip finger in, should taste mildly salty)
- Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado & parsley.
detox, dinner, lunch, soups
dairy free, gluten free, lentil, lentils, soup, vegetarian