perfect morning oatmeal
This simple oatmeal recipe is both filling and satisfying.
- Author: Jen Martinsen at www.nutitionbliss.com
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup steel cut oats or rolled oats
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries.
- 1 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- (optional) drizzle with raw, local honey
- Place filtered water on stove top and warm until boiling.
- Add oats.
- Turn down to simmer and stir often.
- Cook for ~15 minutes or until it reaches desired consistency.
- Add toppings of your choice. Examples include berries, banana, and sprinkle with ground flax.
- Option to add a drizzle of raw honey.
- Raspberries are my absolute favorite to add on top of oatmeal.
breakfast, detox, kid friendly