vegetarian corn chowder
this delicious chowder is packed with protein and vegetables for a nutritious and filling meal.
- Author: jen martinsen at www.nutritionbliss.com
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 60
- 2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced & quartered
- ½ cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- (optional) crushed red pepper
- Cook rice on low for 45 minutes.
- While rice cooks, sauté vegetables in water until tender in a separate pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
detox, dinner, lunch, soups
dairy free, gluten free, soup, vegan, vegetarian