brazilian seafood stew
A flavorful and simple seafood stew with a delicious, creamy texture. Serve alone or over a bed of brown rice.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cups vegetable or organic chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 box (26 oz.) chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp berberi seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 lb. scallops (bay or regular)
- 3/4 lb. wild shrimp, peeled
- 3/4 lb. white fish (such as wild halibut)
- Optional: 1 avocado for garnish, sliced
- In a pot, saute onions in avocado oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add broth, lemon juice, tomatoes, corn, cilantro, ginger, coconut milk, sea salt, berberi, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook at medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add scallops, shrimp, and fish. Cover and cook for additional 30 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Serve alone or over brown rice.
By Jen Martinsen at www.nutritionbliss.com
Adapted from Recipe of Health
dairy free, gluten free, grain free, paleo, seafood, soup, stew