vegan african stew
This delicious, hearty stew is packed with nutrients, protein, and vegetables. This simple recipe tastes delicious alone or served over brown rice.
- 2 onions sliced into rings
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 yams, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup vegetable stock (no sugar added)
- 1 28 oz. box of diced tomatoes (I prefer Pomi Tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen spinach, chopped
- Place all ingredients in to a pot and cook over high heat until bubbling, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn heat down to a simmer, cook on low for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- This recipe is so flavorful, it has become a household favorite!
Adapted from Plant Pure Nation