nut & date energy bites
easy snack the whole family will enjoy
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large food processor (use “S” blade) process the nuts, flax, and 3/4 cup coconut flakes until crumbly.
- Add in the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt and process again until a consistent sticky batter is formed.
- Use a spoon to form balls approx. 1 inch in diameter and spoon into pyrex glass dish
- Sprinkle bites with remaining 1/4 cup coconut flakes.
- Place bites in freezer to set for 1-2 hours before serving.
- I like to store mine in the freezer and remove whenever we want them for a snack. Allow to thaw for 15-20 minutes before eating. Perfect snacks for flights and road trips!
Adapted from detoxinista